Marriage Licenses are processed in the Clerk's office on Monday - Friday from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm. The fee is $20.00, ($18.00 for the license and $2.00 for one certified copy). We accept cash or money order.
*There is no waiting period and the license is good for 60 days.
If you would like to initiate your marriage application online you may do so at courts.in.gov/marriage and follow the directions.
**Please note that if you apply online, you must appear in the Clerk's office within 14 days to finalize the application and receive your marriage license.**
18 or older
1. Both applicants must appear together.
2. One applicant must live in Wabash County.
3. Each applicant must provide one (1) of the following items:
A. Certified copy of birth certificate; or
B. Valid driver's license or other state issued identification, each must contain the individual's date of birth and current address;
17 Years old
1. Requirements as above, plus
2. Birth Certificate required.
3. Both parents must appear with applicant and sign application.
16 Years Old or Younger
1. A "Permission to Marry" form must be filed in Circuit Court.
2. The Judge will determine whether the Clerk shall issue a marriage license.
3. Cost for filing the request is $156.00 (even if Judge denies).
4. Plus the above requirements for 17 year old applicants.
The license is valid statewide.
If both parties are OUT OF STATE RESIDENTS, you may only apply in Wabash County if the wedding ceremony will take place in Wabash County. The fee for the marriage license for out of state applicants is $62.00.